From shimmering temples to snow-tipped peaks, India is one colourful and chaotic jumble of spiritualism and sweeping landscapes. Go in search of wild tigers, drift through backwaters on a traditional rice barge, try a homestay in the heart of the Himalayas and stay in an elegant Maharajan palace. Our India holidays are filled with eye-opening experiences.
The north is banded by the snow-crowned peaks of the Himalayas. Moving south, you pass through Rajasthan, a microcosm of India with its forts, palaces and temples, as well as the Taj Mahal. Central India shelters leopards, elephants and the Bengal tiger. In India’s northeast corner, Calcutta still exudes its colonial heritage in a landscape of Bengali mansions and neo-Gothic architecture. West-coast Mumbai is an improbable proposition, a hub of manufacturing where you can wander among Art Deco architecture or through a teeming bazaar. Down in India’s south, cruising Kerala’s backwaters on a converted rice barge is a suitably relaxed way to embrace this region’s laid-back approach to life.
Start your India holiday here
Enter your details on our pre-register page and we will be in contact to discuss your holiday
Top 10 things to do in India
- The Golden Triangle – one of the world’s most well-travelled routes – encompasses India’s most visited cities Delhi, Jaipur and Agra.
- The Taj Mahal is world famous and a must visit India landmark for a reason – it’s stunning!
- Track the Bengal tiger.
- Ride the rails on the “Toy Train”.
- Stay at one of India’s opulent and authentic palace hotels that were once home to the country’s royalty.
- Explore spirituality and sample yoga and book a Ayurvedic treatment.
- Travel on a houseboat in Kerala.
- Attend a cooking school and learn to cook Indian food.
- Sleep under the stars in the Rajasthan desert.
- Seek out an earthly paradise in Kerala.