Sri Lanka, the tropical teardrop island at the toe of India, perhaps best known for the palm fringed sandy beaches that line its extensive coast. For a relatively small island, Sri Lanka has remarkable cultural and geographical diversity.
There are rock temples and fortresses, ruins of ancient and sacred cities, and relics of a colonial age. If that’s not enough to tempt you, Sri Lanka also has a naturally spectacular interior that’s home to cool hill stations and tea plantations, and wildlife-rich parks and reserves where elephants, leopards, crocodiles and sloth bears roam free.
Sri Lanka holidays take on a slower pace. This is an island where time takes on a different meaning; it may take a little longer to get from A to B, but that only adds to its charm. It gives you more time to take in your surroundings and discover the country from a local’s perspective as your guide proudly regales you with tales of their homeland.
Start your Sri Lanka holiday here
Enter your details on our pre-register page and we will be in contact to discuss your holiday
Top 10 things to do in Sri Lanka
- Climb Sigiriya Rock Fortress.
- Visit a Tea Factory to see how our nation’s favourite brew is processed.
- Get close up to elephants in Udawalawe National Park.
- Ride the train from Ella to Kandy and take in the breathtaking views.
- Dine at the famous Ministry of Crab in Colombo.
- Marvel at the great conservation work that is being carried out a turtle hatchery.
- Rejuvenate with an Ayurveda spa treatment.
- Spot Leopards in Yala National Park.
- Play a round of golf in the Hill Country.
- Witness the sunrise at Kandy Lake.